D r C a r y l S i b b e t t (PhD)
Senior Accredited Supervisor (BACP).
Clinical Supervisor for arts therapists, counsellors, psychotherapists, other practitioners, clinical leads and CEOs in diverse organisational settings &/or private practice.
Art Psychotherapist HCPC Registered.
Teaching on several trauma informed courses: a Post-Qualifying Diploma 'Counselling Children and Young People', and a Post-Qualifying Certificate in 'Creative Supervision'.
Ret'd Senior Lecturer (Art Psychotherapy) & Lecturer (Education). I founded Art Therapy Master's level training in Northern Ireland in the early 2000s and led it until Aug. 2019.
Fellow of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Vice Chair of the British Association of Art Therapists.
Doctorate in Medicine (MD honoris causa): Riga Stradins University, Latvia.
Current activities include:
Appointed as an External Quality Advisor (for counselling, psychotherapy, psychological trauma courses), Chester University. (Sept. 2023 - )
Elected Vice-Chair of the British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT) (Jul. 2021- ).
Full Member: British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT)
Full Member: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
Life Member: Northern Ireland Group for Art as Therapy (NIGAT)
Past professional activities include:
- Director, BACP Enterprises Ltd.
- Director: Arts Therapies NI (C.I.C.)
- Joint Co-ordinator of the BAAT Regional Group 20 (Northern Ireland) (2017-2018)
- Editorial Review Board Committee Member: CATA-ACATJ (Canadian Art Therapy Association: Journal)
- Associate Fellow: Centre for Lifelong Learning, University of Warwick
- Member of the Mental Health, Ageing & Learning Disability Translational Research Group
- Lecturer: Queen's University Belfast (2002-2012)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the BACP Counselling Children & Young People division
- Chair of the Counselling Children & Young People Training Consortium (NI)