D r C a r y l S i b b e t t (PhD)
Art Psychotherapist HCPC Registered.
Senior Accredited Supervisor (BACP)
Teaching at Ulster University on MSc Art Psychotherapy course.
(Ret'd Senior Lecturer & MSc Art Psychotherapy Course Director. I founded Art Therapy training in Northern Ireland in the early 2000s.)
Clinical Supervisor for practitioners in diverse organisational settings &/or private practice.
Fellow of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Vice Chair of BAAT
Doctorate in Medicine (MD honoris causa): Riga Stradins University, Latvia
Current activities include:
Elected Vice-Chair of the British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT) (Jul. 2021-ongoing).
Full Member: British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT)
Full Member: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
Life Member: Northern Ireland Group for Art as Therapy (NIGAT)
Past professional activities include:
- Director, BACP Enterprises Ltd.
- Director: Arts Therapies NI (C.I.C.)
- Joint Co-ordinator of the BAAT Regional Group 20 (Northern Ireland) (2017-2018)
- Editorial Review Board Committee Member: CATA-ACATJ (Canadian Art Therapy Association: Journal)
- Associate Fellow: Centre for Lifelong Learning, University of Warwick
- Member of the Mental Health, Ageing & Learning Disability Translational Research Group
- Lecturer: Queen's University Belfast (2002-2012)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the BACP Counselling Children & Young People division
- Chair of the Counselling Children & Young People Training Consortium (NI)